A compass is an essential tool for hikers, backpackers, and other outdoor enthusiasts who need to navigate unfamiliar terrain. A good compass can help you find your way even in the most challenging conditions. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the best compasses on the market and provide reviews to help you choose the right one for your needs.
Personalized Wilderness Scouting Brass Pocket Compass | Engraved Gift for Husband, Son, Scouts, Camping, Hiking
- TOP OF COMPASS ENGRAVED: Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you have imagined. ~Thoreau
- COMPASS FEATURES: Liquid damped compass capsule is responsive and quickly settles with a rotating bezel to adjust to your local magnetic declination angle
- FEEL THE DIFFERENCE: Our compasses are rotary engraved with a diamond-tipped drag engraving machine for a deep, permanent engraving that will last forever with your keepsake
- COMPASS DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT: 1 15/16 inches (50 mm) in diameter, 5/8 inch (16 mm) thick, and weighs 1.64 ounces (46.4 grams)
- COMMITMENT TO QUALITY: Includes an embossed gift box with custom foam cutouts for secure transport and a beautiful presentation
- Suunto A-10 Compass: This compact and lightweight compass is perfect for beginners and experienced hikers alike. It features a clear baseplate with a magnifying lens for easy map reading, and the needle is balanced for accuracy. The A-10 also has durable plastic housing and a handy lanyard for easy carrying.
- Brunton TruArc 5 Compass: The TruArc 5 is a high-quality compass with a sleek, ergonomic design. It features a global needle that can be used anywhere in the world and a clinometer for measuring angles. The TruArc 5 also has a built-in magnifying glass and a handy bubble level for easy and accurate readings.
- Silva Ranger Compass: The Ranger is a durable and reliable compass that is perfect for backcountry navigation. It features a clear baseplate with easy-to-read markings and a declination scale for accurate readings. The Ranger also has a sighting mirror and a clinometer for measuring angles.
- K&R Alpin Compass: The Alpin is a high-quality compass that is ideal for mountaineering and other outdoor activities. It features a precision bearing for accurate readings and a large, easy-to-read dial. The Alpin also has durable aluminum housing and a lanyard for easy carrying.
- Sun Company Zipper Pull Mini Compass: This tiny compass is perfect for attaching to a backpack or jacket zipper. It is easy to read and accurate, and the compact design makes it easy to carry. The Zipper Pull Mini Compass is also very affordable, making it a great choice for budget-conscious hikers and backpackers.
Silva Pocket Compass – SS18
- Carabiner to attach the compass to clothing, bag, or rucksack
- Thermometer with Fahrenheit and Celsius
- It fits right in your pocket and comes with a mini carabiner for attachment as well as a thermometer to keep you aware of changes in temperature
- Keep this compass in your pocket at all times and you’ll be safe!
Overall, a good compass is an essential tool for any outdoor enthusiast. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced hiker, there is a compass out there that will meet your needs. The five compasses listed above are all excellent choices that offer accuracy, durability, and ease of use. Consider your needs and budget, and choose the compass that is right for you.